We know that caring for your teeth can be a challenge when you have braces. Focusing on oral hygiene and understanding the dental issues you should watch out for is more important than ever before.
Taking good care of your braces is essential for avoiding complications while they're on and ending up with great-looking teeth once they're off. No matter how much money and time you've already invested in your braces, proper oral care is still the key to walking away with a beautiful, healthy smile. Patients should see their general dentist regularly while wearing braces.
Insert floss behind arch wire. Gently clean sides of teeth and under gums with an up and down motion. Floss between all teeth once a day.
• Use a soft toothbrush, and brush slowly.
• Brush 4 times a day: morning, noon, dinner, bedtime
• Brush under, above, behind and around ALL surfaces of the teeth AND braces
• Brush inside and outside of both top and bottom gums
• Rinse mouth thoroughly after brushing